A question about having a lot of fur in animation.

Hello Blenderheads! As a few of you might know I am working on a short film about a native creature on a planet being bombarded by a hostile force. I decided to backup and work some more on the design. The latest design is covered in fur and is totally different from the one in my avatar. So I was wondering if Blender can handle multiple characters like this.

The last time I tried to make a character covered in fur in Blender, it couldn’t handle the amount of fur I was going for. I’m worried that I may have to change the design of the creatures just so that I can get it done in Blender.

I will do some tests shortly to determine this on my own before continuing. I may have to make the character’s fur somewhat like the Nvidia werewolf, which I don’t want to do.

The point of making this post is that I want to know if Blender can handle this.

No, but the fur rendering thing should happen very soon, because it’s a requirement of Project Peach.

The Peachers will have the same problem, which means there will be development in this area. Note they need furry bunnies and fields of grass.

I see. Well, it looks like I’ll just have to make do with what I have. Thanks.