Thanks for all the C&C. It’s really nice to have some feedback. I’m very aware that the character animation is too static at points. I changed the head in the “Staying Alive” movement quite late on, because we had it static and that looked too robotic. I guess the same principle applies to most things: never leave a bone not moving, never do exactly the same action twice(?).
mzungu: You’re right about his feet on the table, damn it! And we tried so hard to nail those feet down. I think this error must have crept in right at the end, when we’d already worked all the way through the project. The .blend is here (4MB), if anyone is interested.
About the back feet facing backwards. I originally modelled them forwards, and then turned them around because of the image I was copying. Taking a look at Google’s image search for ‘lizard’ suggests lizards vary on this point!
We thought about a disco ball, but
a) didn’t want to over-do it, and
b) didn’t know how to use the raytracer, and thought it would be a lot of work without.
Could have been a sophisticated touch, though
I take the points about the camera being less stop-start. Something to bear in mind for next time, I guess.