A silly question from newbie in Blender world :)

Hi Everyone!

I just have begun to do some very first steps in this BlendWorld, therefore
sorry if I will ask you pretty simple questions sometimes…
I am going to create some animation by using Blender and I am wondering in right ways of creation the all stuff, which going to be involved in there.
E.g. there should be a Car, a Tree, and a Bird characters.
Also, by scenario, there should be some Car crash which hits into the Tree, the Car wheels go out from the Car, The Bird falls from the Tree into the Car, and the Tree falls onto the Car with the Bird inside.
Pretty simple action :slight_smile:
The questions are below and all points is regarding right professional rules:

1. Do I need to create the Car parts separately and then assemble (e.g. the wheels, the body, etc)?
  2. How to create 2D background around scenes (if 2D is possible to use in the animation by Blender)?
  3. Do I need to name all objects by unique names insure I can manipulate of any objects in any time?
  4. Do I need to keep them in different layers?
  5. Do I need to keep a Camera in different layer?
  6. Do I need to keep Lights in different layer?
  7. Do I need to save and keep all characters separately in some character’s library(or so) for the future using?

So actually, all questions are pointed in summarise: how you guys have organised this working structure of your hardDisks in terms of all stages(creation characters, texturing(mapping) them, creation the backgrounds, animations, adding sounds, and rendering?

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

keep in mind this is the way I work, as you progress in blender knowledge, most likely you will find methods and techniques that suit your workflow better.

welcome to the community. :smiley:

Is that will be visible with same quality as original after rendering?

There is only 20 layers, does it mean I can manipulate just with 20 objects maximum?

Thank you very much!!! I know the most people has own methods, but some basic procedures should be same for everybody which calls the professional rules. :o)

The quality of the background texture will depend on the quality of the source image and the output quality of your render. You can also add a plane and texture it with an image for backgrounds. If the camera pans the scene, you can even have a curved background (like a cylinder wall) that is textured with your 2D background.

You do not have to use a separate layer for each object. You can also move objects between layers and separate or join objects.

Layers are an organization tool. You could have a tree on 1 layer with different options of ground on another. You could quickly move between them to see the results. If you have important items in a scene, you can place lights on the same layer and only have the lights affect those objects.

If you have a complicated scene, you can move objects to another layer to keep them out of the way while working on a specific object. If you are working on a detailed car, you can do the body on 1 layer, then work on the wheels on a different layer when you need a change of pace. The body could be 1 object. Later, if you need to open a door, you can select the vertices of the door and separate them from the car body object. You could model the tire rims and tread as separate objects, then join them into 1 object when the tires are finished. Duplicate 1 and then get 4 wheels for the car.

Then I did not understand when I have to use the layers for some objects, when don’t :frowning:
All I understand is: the camera and lights e.g. in the layer 10, the main person in the layer 1,
The background in the layer 2, the rest of models in layers dependable of an action: but how I don’t understand that, but I think I’ll come back with this specific question pretty soon, when I will be in there :slight_smile:
Thanks again.

I think we made our answers too complicated.

You aren’t required to use layers
You can organize the layers any way you want
There are some suggestions of how other people organize their layers
Layers can help you organize your work – use them in a way that makes sense to you

You can do an entire scene in 1 layer: objects, lights, camera, extra lights, backgrounds, everything

You can create effects (such as lights) that only affect objects on the same layer. You can keyframe layers to have objects instantly appear or disappear by moving to/from a layer that isn’t displayed.

That’s good enough! I understand, it’s like in Photoshop, I can by manipulation of layers create the new scene.
Thank you!

The View->Background Image option lets you load a picture into the 3d view, eg a reference image for something you want to build. If you want to put a picture on the background of the render:
In texturebuttons (F6) choose “World”, add a new texture, choose image, and load your image (or avi if you want an animation).
Then in worldbuttons (F8) turn off Blend, turn on Paper, and in the MapTo panel turn on Horizon and Zenith

Ok, thank you so much! Now it’s clear as well!
Second question about the Ground, as far as I know for the good Horizon we have to use the Circle as the Ground, so what is best size of the Circle should be in use?