A simple list in the UI with Python API that would display data from Python

Hi

down vote
favorite
I’ve been writing scripts for Maya and 3Ds Max, now I’m trying to learn Python API of Blender. So I’m not a beginner in scripting for such applications, but I’m a total beginner in scripting for Blender. I’m creating an UI for my simple script. I need to have a list in the ui that will update with new items [string “name”, float value] during the execution of the script.

I just want to see this in my UI:

name: value
name: value
[…]
I’m not exactly sure how to pass the data from the Python array to the UI list_template.All I’ve got is this code, that creates a UI in the panel of the scene (based on the template):

class UIScriptPanel(bpy.types.Panel):
    bl_label = "Script Panel2"
    bl_idname = "OBJECT_PT_ui_list_example"
    bl_space_type = 'PROPERTIES'
    bl_region_type = 'WINDOW'
    bl_context = "object"

def draw(self, context):
        layout = self.layout

obj = bpy.types.AnyType( bpy.context.scene.my_data )

layout.template_list("MESH_UL_scriptActionsList", "", obj, "name", obj, "id")

my_data is registered during register() with:

bpy.types.Scene.my_data = bpy.props.PointerProperty( type = MyPropertyGroup )

and MyPropertyGroup is(based on example):

class MyPropertyGroup(bpy.types.PropertyGroup):
name = bpy.props.FloatProperty(name="name")
id = bpy.props.IntProperty(name="id")

the class MESH_UL_scriptActionsList is the same as in the example. I do not know what to change in it yet…

The script runs, but the list is not displayed.

So mu question is: Is that how the creation of list for UI should look like? If yes, then why is it not working? If not, then how to create a list UI element in Python for blender that would displaye a content of list (or other data structure) from Python code?

Thank You in advance

check the templates in text editor
at the end there is one for dynamic enum list

might help

happy bl