A small GLSL "Zombie maze."

Hello all, I’ve learnt some new stuff this week, which, I assure you has been to a good use, most of it were some new stuff about lightning, and most important: flipping normals.

So, this is the product of this, a survival. pretty small, maze.
By “survival” i mean: for the game mode “survival” in "The Cure, my game.
In this mode, well, you survive for a long time as possible.

Move around like in any standard Fps game.
faster movements, though since when you wanna explore something, you wanna do it fast, not in a slow tempo.

There are no zombies for the moment in this level, and no spawns, since I yet have not come up with any good spawns.

This is what i thought “Left 4 Dead” to be, the first time I saw it, about these types of maps, and a high number of slow zombies.

Anyway, behold:
New version: Download Link
Older version: Download Link

Do give me any hint, tips and opinions of it, anything is appreciated.

Attachments

Its waaaay too dark. Instead of going for darkness, try changing the colour of your lights to a soft blue or an orange. The effects you can achieve will colour are much better than what you can achieve by making it all dark.

L4D does go dark in some places, but you do have a flashlight, so maybe you should add a flashlight if you haven’t already. Heres how bright L4D can get:
http://www.elgms.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/l4d_hospital05_rooftop0000-small-433x325.jpg

Linux build/blend download?

Its a runtime.
Well, i were having the fast to not letting it be too dark in mind, but now i realised how bright my screen was at the moment, since im on my laptop now.
Thanks for pointing it out. =)

Well, this is a WIP thread, so here is the weapon spots in the “maze”.
Its not really complex.
Ive made the spans for the zombies now, there just ordinary stairs, so i keep it simple.
I have to do something about the ceiling tho…
New runtime:Link

Attachments

I think you should put a different normal map on the walls, it looks really weird. to play runtimes on linux, just open the runtime with the blenderplayer.

Quick notes: Ive made the lights way stronger now, added some details, not that much and ive added spawn for the enemies.
Their stairs, but i think the will work.

this is nice… im working on the same kind of game. im going for a more cod waw zombie game though. … we should work together share ideas…

I downloaded this yesterday… no gun pick up :frowning: get that in there!

Looking good, I haven’t worked with GLSL much, but I’m pretty sure you can get rid of the ugly edge on the flashlight.

This looks cool :smiley:

I started making a game that I called “Zombie maze 1.6” without knowing that there already was another game that had the exact same name.
only difference is that I made ​​the game in fps creator. and the second game that I have made ​​is made ​​in the blender.
It’s not just the name that is similar, but the setting is also similar. What a coincidence :slight_smile:

I started making a game that I called “Zombie maze 1.6” without knowing that there already was another game that had the exact same name.
only difference is that I made ​​the game in fps creator. and the second game that I have made ​​is made ​​in the blender.
It’s not just the name that is similar, but the setting is also similar. a coincidence

I would prefer if you didn’t use exe. I’m using a mac quite literally all the games here I can’t play. Sooo could you put out the blend instead?

Use wine to play windows runtimes

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Wine? what’s that?