a strange prob??

i dont know if something’s wrong with blender or may be i need a bit of tweaking…
when i render the default scene, why are colors of the cube (or any other object) alternate light or dark bands???:eek:
this is in case of the lamp and spotlight…i checked out all settings related to textures etc but couldnt figure out how to get rid of this…such bands never appeared before…this was happening in blender 2.44 and is continuing in 2.45 too…pls help me out…

forgive me if i’m being a bit silly…

If the Lamp is indeed a Spot, check that the ClipStart is set just in front of the Object and ClipEnd to where the end of the shadow will fall.

%<

those alternate light and dark bands are appearing only in the render window…if i save the image and view it seperately, they dont show up:eek:…noticed this a few mins ago…now…what could be the reason for this??

I think the Render Window only uses 16 bits. They may have fixed it since but it has been discussed in depth in the past.

%<

may be that could be the problem…anyways, in external pic editors and viewers, they dont show up, so i dont have anymore probs…i dont mind them…