a tough one!!

(Akhar) #1

Is it possible by programming or other-wise to:
a) render to a gif file
b) render a scene object by object (abstracting or making the others invisible) so one can relayer them in another program (keep in mind here that the backround has to become transparent )

and where can i get more information on creating plug-ins for blender? and have them appear in the NavBar?

Best regards

Akhar

(theeth) #2

only if you can find an image library code that can convert to GIF. Good luck finding one though, since the GIF algorithm is closed source and the liscence doesn’t come cheap.

b) render a scene object by object (abstracting or making the others invisible) so one can relayer them in another program (keep in mind here that the backround has to become transparent )

you can move objects from a layer to another with the Python API.

import Blender
ob = Blender.Object.Get(name)
ob.Layer = 1<<10 #move object to layer 11
ob.Layer = 1<<1 #move object to layer 2

and where can i get more information on creating plug-ins for blender? and have them appear in the NavBar?

there’s no way to make them appear in the NavBar. For general plug-ins script discussion, you can refer to the Python and plugins forum and SirDude’s giant repository: http://mysite.iptic.com/virtualblender/Script/Script.html

hope that could help.

Martin

(azrael) #3

keep in mind here that the backround has to become transparent

to acheave this you have to save the file as targa with the RGBA button pressed and the “key” button insteed of the “sky” button (render window, below OSA buttons) this will make the background transparent.

note: the program that you open the tga file with has to support tga alpha

good luck :slight_smile:

(banana_sock) #4

rendering to a gif isn’t needed from blender, there are lots of programs that will do it for you after. I think even microsoft gif animator can convert avi to gif, but its gotta be avi raw.

(S68) #5

Forget GIF, use PNG, new, free, web standard

Stefano

(Akhar) #6

Thanks for your reply martin, looks like a good start.