A try to make realistic clouds

(@ce) #1

How do you guys like this?
http://home.wanadoo.nl/lidia.zagorska/CloudTest3.JPG
these are blender particles with textures…
Comments? critics?

(Idgas) #2

hey thats pretty cool. really nice

(@ce) #3

http://home.wanadoo.nl/lidia.zagorska/CloudTest4.JPG
more wippies coming :smiley:

thanks :slight_smile: I’m trying to make a big scene with that

(paradox) #4

wow deja vu, I just tried to make clouds with particles and textures last night and I must say that although mine was interesting yours are much better and closer to clouds than what I came up with. Keep it up then when you have it perfected perhaps a tute?

Paradox

(Atariman) #5

WOW! Those are looking real. I will be looking for the tute. Keep up the good work.

• Atariman -

(elam) #6

Wow. Those almost look painterly.

Can you post the blend file?

(Dittohead) #7

tutorial anytime soon?

(harkyman) #8

Oh please share. They’re great and just what I’ve been try to do…

Share please. I voted for you in the last Weekend Challenge. Come on, now.

(DreamMaster) #9

Tutorial for us please? :slight_smile: Really nice by the way! Pretty realistic for Blender.

(S68) #10

Really good, and I look forward for the tut, but I’d love to see a single cloud! I mean, to see the borders of that cloud, how they are and how they look on the background sky.

Do your cloud produce self shadowing and ground shadows?

Stefano

(kaktuswasse) #11

cool stuff. Now give us a tut,please. I’d like to see a single cloud,too.
That would be better :smiley:

cya henrik

(@ce) #12

When I perfect the emmitors, and try to work all bugs away…I’ll post a minitute on elysiun. a single cloud will take strangelly enough more time to make…then a whole bunch of clouds :slight_smile:

I did set that the halo’s receive light…so you create a sense depth. I dont think that you get shadows on the floor…well there is one button I keep wondering about in the material window…but I never saw it work yet:)

(@ce) #13

http://home.wanadoo.nl/lidia.zagorska/CloudTest5.JPG

this time with the background :slight_smile:

(AJB) #14

superb effect, the last one reminds me of the film perfect storm.

(Riskbreaker) #15

Going…psycho…need…t.t.to…know…h…how…aaaargh!

(emtilt) #16

Thats awesome! We need a tutorial!!!

(@ce) #17

Thanks you guys…and a minitute will be coming…but eh…I want critics!!!
come on!! I need to improve :D…:slight_smile:

(stukkm) #18

i don’t know how to critique your clouds, @ce, they’re too damn good! but if it makes you write that minitute any sooner… hmm… they suck! :wink:

(marf) #19

so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cool! :o amazin
want that tut! now

you wanted critics yeah?
there doesnt seem to be perspective on the clouds if you get what i mean.
ist like a flat wall of cloud. that would be fine for a view out of a plane but you need the perspective of the cloud plane shrinking into the distance.

hope this made some sense

(macouno) #20

Ok since it’s obvious you want critique :wink:

It rather looks like the clouds consist of lots of litte bits of fluff in a way. It’s like there’s too many whispy litte clouds. I mean… that’s good but perhaps the cloud should be more massive with whispy details in it in stead of contisting of them??? does that make sense?