I want to mouse over any feature in blender and see a short video showing what it does and how it works.
With a little code, we could either put a hyperlink or embed a youtube video player in the tooltip of every item in blender.
You’d still need to experiment, but it’d be very helpful to new users.
My guess is that many people would be likely to participate, and we could actually get quality videos for everything.
They’d need to somehow be up to date, and depreciate when newer version of that tool came out, but that wouldn’t be too hard.
I’m thinking that every tool / feature / setting in blender could be covered in a 30 second video.
- It would save lots of time hunting down & watching long format tutorials.
- You’d be able to easily grasp new features while working on projects.
- You could record all videos in English, and subtitle in other languages.
- New users could learn all the hidden features of blender without years of work.
- You wouldn’t be confused by strange ultra technical names on buttons, because you’d see 'em at work.
- You’d save lots of time trying out the 100s of settings which may or may not help you at all.
- Blender 3D would be easier to learn than other applications.
- I’d be able to do more faster with complex features I don’t quite understand.