A Watch

Rendered with Indigo http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/samdman6991/im1192921532-1.png It was done a while ago, so I can’t remember how long I let it render. Maybe 5 hours. I’m not sure. :smiley:

hmmmm it looks ok…but the actual watch part doesn’t look right…I can’t quite put my finger on it…

ya i see what you meed dude… the rest of the metal on the watch seems to have a sort of strong shadow on it while the main section of the watch doesnt have that

I think the problem is, when I look at the center of a watch, I expect it to be sharp, and clear. I think its to shallow and needs to go deeper into the watch to have bigger shadows on the hands and stuff.

everything besides the actual face looks fine to me:yes:. Makes it look like its highly reflective and in a metal armband should be no other way in my eyes. But I would work on the face, seems to not be catching the light quite right. And I’m talking about the face face…not the metal part of the face.
Its almost like you have the indigo backlight turned on for the face!

I think it’s the rendering/lighting that’s bringing it down. Go for softer shadows and less yellow texture on the ground.
Nice model though.

Thanks for the input. This is an old project and I don’t plan on doing anything else with it. I’ll keep your tips in mind for later projects, though.