A weird idea for an online game using Blender

(CubeFan973) #1

“Blenderball” is a game I’ve been conceptualizing for a little while. It is something of a multiplayer game where you can fight everyone for Blender shapes that will allow you “Blenderballs” that allow you to finish a level. There are many details I haven’t thought of yet, so leave some (constructive) criticism on the idea here.

Oh, and if you want to know more about the game, I’m still trying to think of things. That’s just the basic idea.

(valarking) #2

multiplayer? as in, over the internet?

(CubeFan973) #3

Hopefully. Think Blender thrown into a blender (bad pun intended) with some Quake, some elements of theft (real theft; there isn’t a game called “Theft”), and maybe a little bit of RPG/Tony Hawk games (hidden rooms). This makes absolutely NO sense, does it? Here’s the basic idea: You’re playing online with some other guys, who have Blender shapes that, when used on certain walls, can open up hidden rooms that have “Blenderballs” (no, it’s not dirty) that can be collected to win the game. Through the use of weapons in the game, you collect their stuff through theft (or if for some reason you feel like losing, give yours to them). Blender shapes means anything from the mesh Monkey to Metaballs to the Nurbs Donut. Rather pointless, but if you want high stakes stuff, I might try thinking about throwing in a little virtual gambling into the game. However this can be done is beyond me.

(valarking) #4

Good luck getting it online.