Aargh! Blender won't stop rendering in Letterbox!

I’m rendering my first mostly-complete animation, and Blender has gotten ornery and won’t render except to letterbox–either animations or stills. I’ve turned off the “letterbox” button under format, turned on “full screen”, and have it set to NTSC size, but none of that is working. Please help!

Letterbox is a GameEngine option, not a render option. Do you have DispView or DispWin active?

%<

The subject says it all.

What baffles me is that one moment it was fine, the next not. All I did between those two moments was stop one, switch from 320x240 output to 640x480, and restart.

The subject doesn’t say whether you’re using the GameEngine or the Render Engine.

%<

I’m pressing “Anim.” Can’t tell you anything more than that. I know nothing about the game engine. How do you choose between the two?

I did consult the documentation and searched some fora, so I tried to do my homework before I asked. I found nothing on the subject(s). But then again, I can’t find the milk in the fridge, so that doesn’t mean it’s not there, but I promise I tried to teach myself to fish first.

I’m rendering my first mostly-complete animation, and Blender has gotten ornery and won’t render except to letterbox–either animations or stills. I’ve turned off the “letterbox” button under format, turned on “full screen”, and have it set to NTSC size, but none of that is working. Please help!

“Letterbox” and “Full Screen” are under the game engine settings tab. They have nothing to do with rendering a movie.

Unless you are rendering for television just pick “PC” and set the size you want to render in the SizeX and SizeY fields and set the AspX and AspY fields to both be 100. Also in the Render Panel make sure the “pano” button (the one under shadow) isn’t depressed and that Xparts and Yparts are set to one.

GreyBeard

That was how all the settings were set, to the button. It looks like the culprit was that the “Fields” button was depressed (making me depressed).

As always, this forum rocks and you guys are gods among men. Thanks for the help!