Flaringo: I used subdivision surfaces, just looked at some ref. pics on the net , laid out the basic dimensions using a rough polygonal ‘template’, and just built each panel, side-profile-first using extrude and knife tools, combined with a lot of vertex-tweaking.
The front i just made up and did what looked right while trying to keep the front very tight to the front of the wheel-arches, and everything else about the car is loosely based on the 205Gti.
Periodically i duplicate and mirror the mesh so i can see the whole cars dimensions and volumes, and once the model looks mostly right i join each piece at the seam down the middle, and thats it really.
Timmah_45: thanks - the ‘grille’ that everyone keeps referring to as a grille is in fact a turbo intercooler. I was going to do a ‘bonnet-up’ shot to show off an engine, and some bloody massive turbos, but that will have to wait for my next attempt.
inkdoodles: This was post-processed in the GIMP. Actually i drew in where i wanted the ‘sketch lines’ using Inkscape - and then the image was duplicated on several layers and a set of filters run on the top layer to get the ‘sketchy lines’ from the render, and the base layer levels-adjusted and colourised.