Abandoned Warehouse

Abandoned Warehouse scene im working on, decided to throw a soundsystem in there to see it in a scene
I modelled the building from measurements I took at the warehouse I work in.

Theres still no textures yet, becasue they never look good :confused:
I’ve followed througn a bunch of texturing tuts, and have used crazybump on the photo textures but still feeling a little out of my depth here, but constantly learning.

So if anyone has any pointers or words of encouragement I’ll be happy to hear them, thanks for looking :slight_smile:

Attachments


Testing out particle system for debris on floor

Attachments


Adding a few vines and cables, plus more things on the floor in places

Done a higher quality render with more vines and things added.

Going to have to start texturing it soon, the thought scares me…


I’ve pretty much finished adding things now, I think it needs more lighting but everything I try doesnt look too good.
Does anyone have any ideas?


Now I’ve definitley gotta start texturing.
Increased the lighting a little so we can see more.
Need to change one of those hanging lights on the ceiling as two are rotated at the same angle and they are really bugging me like that :confused:
Other than that I think im done with the modelling, for now…

Started the texturing, and I’m thinking i need to turn down the light, so its as dark as it was before…
Any thoughts?


This is a really good start. Since I’m a semi noob I don’t know if I’m the guy telling you how to make things right, but one thing I learned about texturing is to use them in layers. You seldom get a good result using only one. Check on how to use multiple UV:s on the same object to get the scale correct. I will attach two pictures that demonstrates an example (shader + image result).

The other thing to get it “absolutely correct” is of course to use things like Crazy Bump and the displace modifier, but it has the disadvantage of needing a lot of faces for the displace. I normally “cheat” by using the displacement on the shader instead where it is applicable and add a “multiply” converter to have the flexibility to change depth of displacement. As you can see on the picture I attach the displacement is fake, since the edges between the wall and the grey background is completely straight… but used correctly you will never see that in the picture and you save a lot of vertices, faces and calculations.

Hope this comment will help you in some way.




Thank you for the advice, I’m trying out these tips now and will have some renders to show soom.
I tried the displace modifier before and found my computer slowing right down, it just wasnt a good option, so hopefully your suggestion is a better solution.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

This was the final image i made for this scene, it was never uploaded until now.


Ive recently started a similar scene, an imagining of this scene before it became abandoned…