Abbys Station

This was an old gas station run by a woman up until 1970 or so. It was a local candy store for the kids, and when I first saw it in the late 1960’s it still had gravity feed pumps. This scene was based off of a quick sketch I did mid 1970’s.

looks cool, but maybe you can add a feeling like:
‘Its late at night, its raining and the only thing that’s open is that gasstation.’
To give it a realistic abandoned effect.

wow, quite a difference from when you first posted the wip. very nice! i like that it has a sort of hand-painted quality to it, much more so than a cg or photo – hope that is what you intended! :slight_smile:

Great coloring. This picture and the story behind it brings a smile to my face

The.Jack, I am not sure what you mean. It isn’t an abandoned building scene, but I am glad you liked the look.

rinse, you are correct that it is the look I wanted. I am used to modeling for game engines, and am very poor at atmosphere and lighting, so this was a stretch for me.

Thanks FutureHack, I will go out on a limb and guess that you are close to my generation? I am 57.

Steven

The.Jack, I am not sure what you mean. It isn’t an abandoned building scene, but I am glad you liked the look.

I thought it was, because of the lights and fog

Looks amazing. Was following the other WIP thread you had too. Nice to see all of the texturing done!