Ability to Type (Boolean)

Hello once again!
I need some help with dynamic text “Toggle” Boolean. Its a property to make it possible to type with dynamic text typing. But the dynamic text is in an overlay scene. I cant figure out how to make it to where: When the player touches an object, it will turn on “Toggle” to be able to type.

Please help!

:slight_smile:

Thanks

You could use a collision sensor attached to a message actuator to send a message to an object in the overlay scene, or you could use a python script.

I agree with Mobious:
Use messages to communicate (see BGE Guide to Messages incl. Healthbar tutorial).

There is a simple non-Python solution:

use the state system:

State 1:
MessageSensor “toggle on” --> StateActuator State 2

State2:
MessageSensor “toggle off” --> StateActuator State 1
KeyboardSensor (completely configured) -> whatever controller

This should work as only sensors connected with controllers of the active state are evaluated.

I hope it helps
Monster

Thanks but i got confused with the state system… I need to know how to send messages that will change the Boolean of a property. (In another scene)
I really need help. thanks :slight_smile:

Here’s probably what your logic setup should look like.

On the player or collided object:

On the text object in the other scene:

Note that you don’t need to specify the scene the object is in, just its name.

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

EDIT: i tried that and nothing happened DX

Try submitting a simplified blend of what you’re trying to do and we can help you more.

Sorry it isnt really simple: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8vonnybsjo92t8

That’s not very helpful as I have no idea which objects you want the player to interact with. Just make a blend that has the player, the collision object, and the text object in another scene. See if you can get that to work.