about NLA animation?

Hi people,

I would like to know is there’s a way to change over time influence of a NLA strip, a bit like the factor IPO of a sequence strip in the sequence editor.
For example I’d like to create a NLA with 100% influence on frame 1, then 20% on frame 30, then back to 100% on frame 140.

Is it possible?

Thanks for any answer that could help me.

hm, NLA weighting… not sure, but i’d rather say - no. actually, what should be the result? i mean, NLA-strips carry animation information, not just a pose. so how would be the result of “20% walk-cycle”?

i could imagine weighting poses (the same as morphing, aka relative vertex keys in blender) using sliders - i also made a proposal on blender.org, but ppl don’t seem to be interested.

marin

i could imagine weighting poses (the same as morphing, aka relative vertex keys in blender) using sliders - i also made a proposal on blender.org, but ppl don’t seem to be interested.

I would be interested in such a feature, it would be really useful; alas, I’m not a coder!

Env

Well, I can see that Sequences have an IPO called “Fac” (internal type IPO_FAC1) but a browse through the source doesn’t show a meaningful place where it’s used. But reason says that it must be in there for some reason and I just haven’t found it yet…