About the Last UI Changes by Ton in os X SVN

Yes, especially if the menu is larger than the node editor itself. It would’ve been better to click first where I’d want the node and then add it.

Ahh, of course! Never thought about looking elsewhere for the hotkey.
I added ctrl to the pan view and then removed the ctrl from the View 2D Zoom. Seems to work fine.

Adding CTRL to the pan view, even disabling it totally doesn’t change anything here, I’m on mac BTW, and CTRL+Mousewheel is reserved by the system to screen zooming, and you can’t change it or override it.

Thank you anyway,

paolo

See: System Preferences - Accessibility - Zoom - Use Scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom

(at least on 10.8)

Thank you bashi,

I never thought to look there because I disabled the zoom in Accessibility, so why to look at its options… (but it’s a different zoom, ALT+CMD+8, !!!)

For the moment it is a good workaround, though, zooming in UV Editor still doesn’t work, and a more easy alternative would be nice.

Thanks again, anyway,

paolo

i don’t know, but 2-finger zooming in uv/image editor works for me… node editor too… actually everywhere i tried it works as i would expect. r53559

I hardly managed to have zoom working in 3D view and at last in UV editor, disabling the ctrl modifier, but no chances for the node editor so far.

What I find strange is that the Node Editor section of the input settings has no default slots for zooming or panning, so I guess the place to change those features must be in the View2D; but if I change those setting I loose panning on the headers, that’s the strange: shouldn’t they be separate from those of a viewport such as the Node Editor?

Just now I see you wrote “2-finger zooming”, is it correct, have we 2 fingers gestures also?

Thank you anyway,

paolo

maybe there’s misunderstanding? yes 2-finger zoom, on a trackpad. (macbook pro 6.2)

OK bashi, thank you, anyway the problem is with magic mouse I guess. (imac i7, 10.7.5)

paolo

I only really had problems with the magic mouse (which is anything but) since I don’t really use my trackpad (it numbs my fingers)…
My problem with the node editor was that I had to both enable the ‘normal’ way of doing it, and also disable the mac way of doing things…

Oh and Bashi… If you are the same bashi that compiles the MacBlenders over at graphicall, I have to thank you sincerely…

your welcome :wink:

No seriously Bashi. You seem to be the ‘only’ reliable compiler for mac users. Sure there is Aloyr too and others but they seem more specialized. I download your builds whenever I see them as I consider them to be from a trusted builder.

I want to help somehow, but I don’t know where to begin. I’ve been using Blender for about 2 years, but I’ve only used it mostly for quick jobs or for amateur testing of all the new features and building a sense of how to teach it to others.

I would like to get more involved and if that means helping you out with testing, I’d love to. But I need to learn the ‘rules’ of the game so to speak. Do I only report through graphicall or is there some proper channel to discuss things?

I would love to learn how to compile myself, but I need some serious backup in getting it to work the first time.

Then there’s the other stuff you’ve done like the Bullet Constraints Tool (which I haven’t gotten around to testing yet as I found it the day before yesterday)… Which makes me wonder what other stuff you’ve done that I could play around with. Do you have a personal page where you’ve got all your stuff?

In short, teach me how to be of any help please. For you, for the community and for the sake of Blender in general. And that’s a pretty please, with sugar on top.

Rev.53642, after some changes in svn, same problem in Node editor.

paolo

Now, rev 53742, the zoom in 2d views is working again, both in up/down and left/right sweeping, Thank You Ton!

Though I can’t get the headers to scroll along with the zooming in 2d views, while before they were working both by sweeping;
on the other hand it seems obvious that this must occur, since the two functions seem to share the same command in the preferences.

EDIT:
I noticed now that the ‘zoom to mouse position’ is lost in 2d views, that’s a pity, I found it the easiest and fastest way to navigate in blender, BTW imho, it should be possible to have it also in the camera view of the 3d view.

paolo