[abstract] lungs & heart

lungs & heart.

created with: gimp & blender.

http://www3.telus.net/bpauw/img/b01c_lungs_and_heart.jpg

comments welcome.

b01c

This is difficult, what’s Blendered and what’s Gimped?
That red (blood?) looks like liquid,
done with the new fluids?
P

Cool use of Blender and GIMP :slight_smile:

The title, textures, and clashing colors give this abstract piece some interesting interpretive possibilites.

RobertT

I don’t get it. :-?

I must have no soul. I no get it either.

i never used to understand abstract stuff, then i found i had to become less ‘smart’ :wink:

let your right brain go and have a field day, let your left brain take back seat for a bit,k dont work out what the hell it is, go by the title and make your own creation with it using your right brain (yer imagination!)

So, bout the pic! =D
This is just awesome, looks almost like the red at the bottom half is softbody textured cloth in blender, just a guess though. Lot of ways im seeing this, its like a fish tank (in the respect im just watching the same thing) yet its always different and changing.

Hope to see more things from you.

Lee

ps. check out his gallery too! =)

vliegtuig: There were two renders done in blender, composited in gimp, and then a bunch of post work done on each render.

Robertt: Thanks. Interpretation–dare I say even losing yourself in pure abstract association and experience–is, for me, part of the beauty of abstract art.

Rocketman: Thanks for the comment, and I understand your frustration–I think LohnC puts it best in his post.

StrikerMunc: Ditto to what I said to Rocketman.

LohnC: Thanks for the kind comments. I think you’ve nailed the whole “what to do with abstract art” thing very eloquently. I whole-heartedly agree with you.

in other news: I’m working on getting my gallery going again (I stopped updateding it when I switched from ubuntu ppc back to os x)–hopefully within the next two weeks it’ll resume regular functionality :).

Cheers,

b01c

I’m a huge fan of abstract, surreal, etc. Having said that the Only thing about this peice I don’t like is the name. The image is quite intersting to look at, is there a larger highres version?? :slight_smile:

Khnum: No hi-res version. I keep meaning to change my workflow to end up with print-resolution final images, but I haven’t gotten around to organizing everything yet.

Cheers,

b01c