Abstract tower scene [ Updated ]

I’ve been working on this for a few days and am not sure where I want to go with it. I think it needs something extra to complete it. I’m not sure if I like the black sky but I don’t know what to do with it. If you guys have any ideas or crits, I’d like to hear them.

Updated render at bottom of thread.

Thanks,

TraceR

hey,
aren’t you the guy with the amazing tank model?lol
Well, i kinda like the lighting, gives it a weird feeling to the scene.
How ever, the scene just looks like one model, duplicated, scaled, rotated and placed.
I know you can model better than this, then why don’t you?

Anyways, if your looking to improve the scene, i would recommend you make at least different variations of the model and incorporate those into the scene you have now.

.:[email protected]:., The black sky is throwing the image off. Everywhere else you’ve got angled models breaking the edge of the image. Up at the top, straight line and blank black. The eye is attracted to the contrast between the lighted models and the black sky, but once you get there, there’s nothing to keep the eye from wandering right out of the image. Try angling the camera down a bit and cutting out the sky altogether. In the main part of the scene, there’s a lack of contrast. Perhaps putting a higher refl value on the materials to make the light sides lighter, and putting a shadow only lamp in the shaded area in the center to darken it up some. Try to lead the viewers eye around the image by judicious placement of light and shadow.

yeah…

or try to add some “space fighter” or something like that - something dominant into the scene, now it is just a background…

Orinoco: Good suggestions. I will try and cut the sky out completely and see about adding more contrast in the middle too. I’ll keep playing with it and see what I can come up with.

As the lighting is sunset you should have a yellow/orange to black gradient. maybe try AO subtract.

UPDATE:

Here is an updated version of the scene:

http://zachgmedia.com/Misc/Final.jpg

I’ve made quite a few changes since the original image, including moving the camera and adding several new lights. I think it looks much better, and I believe I am nearing its completion. I just wanted to post it here and see what you guys think. I know the lighting isn’t realistic, but I’m obviously not going for realism with this scene. My main goal is to get a cool looking abstract piece. But crits are welcome, so let me know what you think.

:spin:

Use some different materials on some of them.
Use unusual materials
every flat face of the buildings use a texture like the side of skyscrapers
or apparments or something with windows with a little normal map to help
great angle bye the way