AbstractedMetaballs

Its exactly what the title says. I got bord, and I was halfway asleep, so the easiest and most laziest thing to do was put a bunch of meta balls together. No C&C is needed sense no revisions will be made, its a final project. I was just trying out the alt+s trick, works nicely :smiley:

Comments are appreciated…if your going to spam, make it happy…with a bunch of faces.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Ataryu/MEeta.jpg

Revisions will be made if your going to die unless it happens. And they wont happen until you do die, and then come back and haunt me until I change it…Which is unlikely to happen.

Interesting :slight_smile: Quickly zipping through the thread titles it almost looked like it said ABSTRACTED MEATBALLS :smiley: lol

RobertT

Lol, wouldn’t that be great :smiley: Thanx for the comment :wink:

Wow! I love it! The colors are perfectly adequate. Please render it in 1024x768 so it can be my wallpaper.

How exactly did you do this? Are each “bubble” three metaballs? One wireframe and two half transparent? Or are the normals inside, so the refraction makes funny things?

Yeah! Wallpaper!

very cool! molecule like! I thought the same thing about the meatballs! :wink:

Lol, I didn’t think anyone would like it. I will render a larger version today.

Technique: I used metaballs and meta cylinders, and then converted them to mesh because my computer was slowing down. Each, molecule looking thingy consist of 3 seperate mesh’s. 1 for the wire frame, and 2 are transparent, 3 different sizes :smiley:

Thankyou for your wonderful comments :smiley:

That is really cool! When I look at it, I think of DNA. Keep up the good work :smiley: !

-Laurifer

I actually think that it does look very nice. Contrast could be changed a bit to make it jst a bit more define… it looks like it has a layer of fog over it… that kind of feeling. But other than that, I think it’s a very nice abstract idea. Good job.

~Blade

When I render a larger version the wires thin out and it looks really crappy :-/ So I don’t think I will, lol.

cool… .looks kinda like a molecule diagram. Pretty neat for a few-minutes job!

• emk

Thankyou :smiley: