Abstraction

I guess you could call this a test… I don’t really know what to call it. Well, I think it turned out awesome.

Enjoy !

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4919/swirlygiggd6.th.png

There’s some compositing nodes on it to give it DOF and glow effect. It took 57 hours to render…:eek: I don’t know why, but it did.

-Fliberty

Um, wow, 57 hours? How old is your computer?
I didnt notice any DoF,(or the glow ) not really pronounced enough. But A cool model, test or not.
Looks good.
Drew

My computer is like brand new… Dual Opteron 270s. Four cores total. 3GB RAM I just think I had something either enabled or something set way to high…like 6x subsurf haha, 16xAA and ray depth of like some big number. hehe. I was actually scared that it took so long. The DOF was meant to be not very dominant. I find it never looks realistic when you notice the blur more than the object.

A good point on the DoF( I guess i like the look of overdone DoF, thats a whole nother issue of mine;) ) ha, Why have 6x subsurf? As in, did you use the smooth button on the mesh?
Your right about your comp, top of the line. Strange it took so long.
I would have to guess(from experience) that the raymir+raytransp were tough on such high OSA, the subsurf just icing on the cake.
Of cours, here I am explaining it, and your probaby already know what it was. Sorry if thats the case :wink:
again, nice job
peace man
Drew
EDIT: wait, you used yafray for this didnt you? ah, now it makes sense…

Thats a looooooooooooong render!!!Next time watch the subsurfs!I like this imafe alot.I like the colors and reflectivity and transparency.I wanna make this my desktop:rolleyes: !

That might be a good blender 2.43 logo. /:] I like it. It has a slick, fresh feel to it.

I used blender internal. so I guess the ray depth comment I made was incorrect… haha I was just spitting out things that could possibly have made it take so long.

BTW, the only post pro was the border and my name.

Hmm, I’ll go make a 2.43 splash right now. Never hurts to try

Truedat

used blender internal. so I guess the ray depth comment I made was incorrect… haha I was just spitting out things that could possibly have made it take so long.

Alright, I get you. Hmm, some mysteries are just…crazy

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8273/abstractionsplashae7.png

What do you guys think of that layout?

Trying different rotations…

I like it…

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7732/splashtemplate243vu2.png

A little modified.

i like the second one though!

On the second, it seems the glow is stronger, I like it.

Weird, I didn’t change it at all besides transform it with photoshop. Thanks. Dunno if it even stands a chance against some of those other entries. We’ll see!

hmm, guess it was just me…

57 hours!!! well, it sure looks good! really shiny and smooth… almost frictionless…

Although hte render tooks U 57 hours (I’m not such patient :wink: ) it looks really nice.
IMO second splash looks better but U could add some filter or some postpro. to make a background brighter.
Any way good work - keep going man :slight_smile: