ACES for Blender?

First I couldn’t find ACES for Blender with the exception of some outdated sources. And I found some articles that said that Filmic is the ACES. Is it? Or it just deluded me.

1 Like
1 Like

To Switch Between Color Spaces (Slightly) More Quickly

I like being able to switch back-and-forth without moving folder and files, so I did some tweaking to the method described in the video.

I merged the contents of both luts folders – the one that came with Blender and the one that came with OpenColorIO-Config-ACES-1.2.zip – into one, and also gave the different config.ocio files unique names.

My colormanagement folder contains:

filmic
    luts
    aces-config.ocio
    orig-config.ocio
  • If I want to use ACES, I rename aces-config.ocio to config.ocio, and launch Blender.
  • And if I want to use Filmic, I rename orig-config.ocio to config.ocio, and launch Blender.

(I keep an alias to the colormanagement folder on my desktop so I can get to it quickly.) :running_woman: :running_woman: :running_woman:

3 Likes

Hi, I like the way, this guy Daniel Brylka made a little script (Automator with macOS or .bat file for Windows) to start Blender with OCIO ACES without modify original colormanagement folder
https://www.toodee.de/?page_id=1720
btw Daniel Daniel wrote a lot of good articles

1 Like