Ad Idea

I discovered Blender in Feb 2011 and have been hooked ever since. I mainly do 2d graphic design for a sign shop (I’m the main designer and manager). I am self taught through tutorials on U-Tube. My first animation is posted in focused critiques under “Rapper crits needed” that I did for my nephew.This time I am focusing on doing more serious work. I am working on an ad idea for my employer that will be done in a series to show all that the company does. I would appreciate constructive serious crits about the animation and ways to improve (not just vague remarks that don’t help). All models were done by me and textured using CorelDraw 15. Rendered in Blender ,took approx. 4 hours on my computer.

Best Animation institute in India. Morph academy is the animation institute who is providing the diploma in animation, fashion institute and degree in animation. Animation with web designing course with live project on industrial training in animation institute in Chandigarh.
Animation Degree

Not a bad start. Your lip-sync is pretty good. It is not over animated as some beginners tend to do, thinking every letter has to have a mouth shape.

A quick observation on the animation: the character starts out with his hand in the air and then moves it to his side. I’m not sure if he’s supposed to be waving but the action is unclear. Never move anything on a character unless it is for a reason.

Another thing to work on is counter-balancing your movements. When you raise an arm, your opposite shoulder tends to drop a bit, giving a counter movement to the action. This is true in many actions. Rarely does any body part move without it affecting another part. Next time shoot some reference video of yourself saying the lines and acting out the motions. You may see small counter moves you never noticed before.

A great book for learning animation is “The Animator’s Survival Kit” by Richard Williams. It is written for hand-drawn animation but the principles are all there and can be transfered to digital animation.

Keep at it, you’re off to a good start!

I have also posted this in the focused critique section with an update and will be posting new stuff there. I appreciate you help and information with this project.