Just a presentation of the latest prototype
As the other Add-A-Thing threads this one is planed to take things contributed by the community. If you remember OutdoorItems the result was a pretty cool Island with a lot of things on it.
With Sci-Fi doors I want to go a more restricted but much easier way.
The contributor will be able to add and publish it’s own set of doors. The Add-A-Thing presentation layer will provide a complete set of tools to present the doors in an adventure style (point&click).
Adding new door models will be really easy. Even a beginner will be able to create a full working door within a few minutes. New doors can be simple or complex. There will be templates and tutorials showing how to add them.
Currently the presentation layer is not completed.
- the character ManCandy including a personal opener switch
- a door logic framework
- custom cursor
- mouse and keyboard control
- movable 3rd person camera with obstacle avoidance
- intro scene
- file switching to distributor’s presentation files
- a display with information regarding the current door
- rating panel to rate the current door
- a method to distribute rating information via BlenderArtists.org
- summary scene showing information regarding all available doors
- seamless scene switching to other rooms
- door directory to select the next presented door
- labyrinth game using all distributed doors
- in-game intro sequence
If anyone want to provide help, these are things needed:
- an improved opener model e.g. the contour of ManCandy’s hand
- an improved custom Mouse cursor (Sci-Fi Style) for pointing
- sound effects (steps, opener activation, opener status change)
- background music indoor
- background music intro (starfield with scrolling text a la star wars)