Add_em - Sketchbook

2019-07-16T07:00:00Z

2 Likes

Hi there, welcome to the forum! :upside_down_face: I´m looking forward to seeing what you come up with next, keep it up! :sunglasses:

2019-07-20T07:00:00Z
Sculpts from last Friday/Saturday.

1 Like

Nice going, keep it up! :slight_smile:

Was gonna post a head from today but then blender crashed while setting up shaders.
So here’s one from yesterday.

2019-07-23T07:00:00Z

2019-07-23T07:00:00Z

Shoddy attempt at hair

2 Likes

2019-07-24T07:00:00Z

30 min head sculpt

1 Like

1 sculpt a day makes the skills grow hurray! :cowboy_hat_face::hugs: Are you using reference or did you sculpt these from imagination?

Haha I’m trying to stay disciplined :crazy_face:. I use PureRef and create an image board of faces as I’m trying to learn anatomy. I’ll probably start doing full characters soon and have even more muscles to keep in mind.

1 Like

Nice! That´s the way to go! :smiley:
I would suggest you to try to sculpt a human skull once as accurately as you can. I think you would notice a BIG jump in quality of your head sculpts after that :sunglasses:

Here is some really good reference if you´re interested:

Skull downloadable by martinjario on Sketchfab

or this one:

2 Likes

wow, thanks so much for this

1 Like

2019-07-26T07:00:00Z

Sculpts from yesterday/today

1 Like

NICE! :smiley: Keep them coming!

Haven’t posted in 4 days so here’s something

2019-07-27T07:00:00Z

Head I sculpted from a few days ago.

If I finished the head on Saturday then I would have begun this character on Sunday, so what do humans even look like…

2019-07-30T07:00:00Z

I’ve only ever sculpted man hands before soo I can’t help but think these still look mannish, whatever.

1 Like

I’ve spent the past few days sculpting head shapes, gave this one a face today.

Plus a couple wip heads and I forgot I practiced just eyes too.
These two heads were an attempt at getting a stylized shape, kinda got it on the 2nd attempt(left head) but it took an embarrassingly long time so I will more than likely try again.

1 Like

nice going! :cowboy_hat_face: Are you sculpting in orthographic mode or in perspective? It looks to me like it´s the second. If that is right, I would suggest you try to sculpt in orthographic mode. That will make your proportions including the proportions of your heads much better! :wink: All these anatomy charts that you can find online and in anatomy books are actually drawn orthographically. I myself only sculpt in orthographic view.

1 Like

Thanks! You are correct, I usually sculpt in perspective mode. I will do some things in orthographic mode but I always rotate out of it immediately. Maybe from habit? I’ll give sculpting in ortho view a try since so much of the reference I use is orthographic.

1 Like

Some WIP of a stylized character I started yesterday

2 Likes

Yesterday doing retopo on a character I realized how shitty my hands were sculpted.
So here’s a sculpt I did of a hand…
Usually I can just picture a skeleton and then get a decent starting point to go forward from; however, it turns out hands are a complicated mess of muscles/ligaments/etc

Gonna try another one tomorrow or later on today.

Meanwhile here’s an update on a wip character
when I finish i’ll post the topology w/o the subsurf

1 Like