Add_em - Sketchbook

1 Like

1 Like

This is an old model, from maybe last year?

Sometime when I used to have a cgcookie subscription and did the sci fi helmet tutorial by Kent Trammel.
I did most of the retopo in 3D coat but never completed it.

There’s a piece of the helmet missing along the top that I lost somewhere…
Possibly deleted cuz it got retopo’d (shame).

1 Like

1 Like

Did my best to fix the boobs showing too much through the shirt
So I can legit say this is almost done now.
Going to model one more accessory(back pack) and take another look at the concept art but I think it’ll be ready for simple shading and an attempt at posing.
Haven’t rigged anything in years… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I never thought I would be able to make anything sci fi.
While this is just a wip I thought it had some cool forms.

1 Like

Getting better and better with each iteration! Riding that momentum, nice work, both the fully clothed and topoed girl and the hard surface experimentations! :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks for saying that! :smile_cat:
I am constantly impressed by how powerful blender’s sculpting tools are

This is the last wip of this character I’ll post until shading has been done.
Gonna think about how to fix the bow in the hair to make it more natural

1 Like

Lately I’m really into robots/spacesuit things.
I might actually take this one a bit furtther and see if I can do the whole bust, but we’ll see.

This was just supposed to be my warm up sketch for today but got kind of carried away

3 Likes

I got back last week from a vacation and while exploring Europe I couldn’t stop thinking about robots.
Splurging on boxcutter/hops addon after already spending too much money.
Anyways been using the add on for a week, so impressed.
Will post the finished result later on

1 Like

I said I would post with shading;
But I have her nearly posed (minus pony tail since it wasn’t parenting to the armature well)
Now for real real I think I can move on to some shaders and trying polypaint

I think one more pass with sculpting and she’s done

1 Like

So this is the original concept art of the character I was modeling.
Thought I’d share it and procrastinate doing the final render.

1 Like

All right, so this is probably final render. Gonna post in finished artwork tomorrow after thinking if there’s anymore tweaks but probably just going to render out some different angles. At first I loved the hair as curves, but now I dunno. Going to look into grooming after seeing some results of others.

Ran into a lot of issues with crashing around 1.6 million polys, which is the first time I was able to consistently crash blender and even the steam client a couple times.

Ready for another attempt at something. Probably character related. Champing at the bit for more sculpting and less dealing with weights/rigs/retopo.

2 Likes