Created because there is apparent demand and I was unable to find a similar add-on.
- Download the script and save it in your preferred location for scripts; this can be anywhere, but I recommend a dedicated folder.
- Open Blender and in the User Preferences window, go to the ‘Addons’ tab and choose ‘Install from File…’.
- Navigate to the folder you saved the script in, select it and click ‘Install from File’
- The script is now installed and Blender should auto-filter the add-on list to show it.
- Click the check box in the script’s entry to activate it.
Once installed and activated, the add-on can be accessed via the Add > Mesh menu when in Object Mode.
This add-on can also be access with the hot-key SHIFT A.
The add-on works by:
- Adding a new Vertex object
- or magic. Your choice.
- The single vertex is hidden beneath the origin point upon creation.
Version 0.2 fixes the Edit Mode problem.
Version 0.2.1 fixes problem where the operator would send the user to Object Mode if called when in Edit Mode.
Version 0.3 rewriting of code after pink vertex showed me a better method.
Download and Wiki
https://github.com/RichardW3D/AddOnis/wiki/primitive_vertex_addprimitive_vertex_add_03.zip (1.07 KB)