Add Object Actuator - HELP please !

Any tips greatly appreciated -

PROBLEM:
Trying to make a spaceship composed of optional parts, which a user can select. The ship’s hull has lots of Empties parented to it, each of which has an addObject actuator which adds the required part (like lasers, engines etc.). I need to get the new objects parented to the hull somehow. Normal parenting does not work, as the ship parts are in a different layer to the hull to make them work with the addobject actuator. Have also tried python to setPosition() the created object to the connector empty, but it only works if the ship part is a real object (ie: not made by the addObject Actuator).

I cant have the all the parts ready-made in the same layer, as the user may want 2 or 3 engines, or more, so it would have lots of un-needed objects everywhere.

Anyone any ideas ?

Uh god, you are the biggest - excuse me for this word - FUCKING Sp@mmer in this whole community. I don’t even want to bother Reading you question anymore!

trust me, if I were to be mod… you’d be SO banned (yes mod’s this IS a hint)

Jacco;

ok when i firdt went on this topic and saw Jaccos reply i was like WTF?! but i scroll down the forum and OMG! MeiaLua what is your problem?

I am myself ‘like WTF?!’

I only pressed the button once, I had no idea that it posted so many times, and I have no idea why it did it. I am not some ‘Ooo I wanna Make a game, so i gonna post the same thing a guzillion times’ noob.

So thanks guys, blame a system error on me why dont you. I posted the Question once, went out for a bit, then got back to find your Flames everywhere, really made my day.
I’ll just try and figure it out without anybody’s help then.

i beleive you Meialua…

I garauntee you he didnt mean to… its happened to other people before…

darn, I missed one

[locked]