Hi there Blenderers,
I started using Blender a few weeks ago and asked some questions on this forum.
In honour to those who kindly helped me I now like to share the result of my first struggle with this great environment.
I would like to thank: Moguri, Captain Oblivion, Maurice Raybaud, OTO, -[Killer]-, J09, Chaser and DichotomyMatt for their help. I learned a lot from them.
There were several things that I wanted to learn, before taking Blender into real game-making (wich has’nt started yet).
1e I wanted cameramovent like I am used to:
- Mouse-cursor on leftside of screen = turn left, -on rightside of screen turn right.
- Mouse-cursor on top-side of screen move forward, -on low-side move backward.
- Mouse-wheel up, camera moves up but keeps sight on vanishing point on horizon, -mouse-wheel down camera down.
- Let camera not go through groundplane and keep hight with respect to groundplane when moving.
- Middle mouse button pressed camera jumps to position where mouse was pointing at
2e I wanted to be able to add a lot of objects to my scene.
(I would like to add new objects (generated during runtime), but that seems to be impossible. Objects must exist at startup time and they must exist on an unvisible layer)
3e I wanted to control at least the movement of these new objects.
(But like to control much more)
All of this can be done with Blender and are demonstrated in the…okay lets call it a game … I share with you.
Got interested? download it here:
MouseMovement see above,
LMB = add object (cursor must be on an object (preferably on green groundlevel
RMB = Give balls a force in the direction of place where mousecursor clicked and will jump up a little
If someone likes to know more about it, just ask me.
(I can write a tutorial, if you’d like me to).
Minimum Knowldge to understand what I did:
- Some knowledge of Pyhton,
- You should a least have some knowledge of the game-engine and a bit of how to use logicbricks.
(Sorry to those who digg in to my blend-file; Comments in the Python-scripts and Names are partialy in English and Dutch I did not (yet) translate all of it; hollidays are over and I just hav’nt much time to spare just now)
:):) And at last :):):);
If you don’t like It, do not understand a bit of how things are done, think I am a mad man or what ever . . . . . . !!!
Toddlers will like playing with it;
I am sure because my two years old daughter loves it.
Thanks for helping
Greeting to you all