Add-on for Generating Writing Animation (Free)

You are welcome.
There was a problem with the earlier zip. So please download the latest version.

Text animation is now integrated in this add-on.

Video Tutorial: https://youtu.be/WZVMPuyfYTM

1 Like

This looks wonderful.

Unfortunately I can’t get it to work in any of the recent Blender 2.8 beta releases. I installed and enabled it without error - I tried both the ‘writinganim_2_8.py’ standalone script and the writinganimationstrokefont_2_8.zip from github.

I created a bezier curve but there is no ‘Writing Animation’ tab in the ‘Active Tool and Workspace settings’ tab, or anywhere else. There is also no error displayed in the Blender info panel.

Perhaps I’m overlooking something obvious once again. Or maybe some Blender API changes have broken it.

Active%20Tool%20and%20Workspace%20settings

1 Like

@Philstix From the screen shot it looks like you have the older version of the add-on. I have updated the script (day before yesterday) to conform with the new Blender APIs. So, please uninstall (remove) both ‘Create Writing Animation’ and ‘Add Stroke Font Text’ add-ons. And re-install the latest zip from the Github location.
Do let me know if you face any issues.
Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. This is the only way for me to know if this tool works with the settings other than mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response. It’s working perfectly now :smiley:

1 Like

Very useful ad don. Could you updates this add on for 2.82 version? Because it does not work correctly

Thank you for reporting the defect. It is fixed in the latest version. Please let me know if you still face any problems.

(Just FYI, you may also use github issues page (https://github.com/Shriinivas/writinganimation/issues) for logging issues.)

Doesn’t work in 2.81 and 2.82 versions.

Could you let me know the exact problem you are getting?

Please uninstall both ‘Create Writing Animation’ and ‘Add Stroke Font Text’ add-ons first and then download and install the new version from the location mentioned above.

I have tested with today’s build and the add-on seems to work fine.

1 Like

Reinstalled ad dons , now it is working fine, before I was getting something like this.