[Add-on] Matalogue

Great addon. Thank you very much!
That’s something that should go into the official blanch, IMO.

thanks for this nice manager addon, I hope blender 2.8 will include this type of workflow.

Are there any plans for updating this addon to 2.8? Coming from Cinema 4D this is the type of functionality that completely missing in Blender visually.

Yup! I’ll work on it soon. Does C4D have something similar to this? Are there any good features I could steal from it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool hearing news from this addon, i really miss it !

Just updated it to work in blender 2.8 :slight_smile: Download

8 Likes

Thank you Greg! Really glad you decided to develop this addon again! About any good features from Cinema 4D , the list to do that you have pretty much sums up most of the functionalities that you they have, the most important by me being to assign material from a list (or thumbnails), although i miss the drag and drop material on object. Also having access to library or presets of materials, which i found out that another addon does this to a certain level called node custom builder, but there you have to save the nodes yourself. By combining both i am getting most of the functionalities that i missed from Cinema 4D. Sorry for the rant, i am still figuring out blender.

All the links I’ve tried to use to download keeps leading to a page of codes. How can I download it please?

[email protected] Here’s my email should you want to send to me.

On the page of code you can Right click > Save as

Just updated Matalogue to work in Blender 4.0! Also…

• Geometry Nodes trees are now shown, both for modifiers, tools, and groups.
  • Panels have been re-organized to include sub-panels for each tree type.
  • Improved UI and generally made it more consistent between tree types.
  • Moved options to panel headers to save space, and remove some redundant options.

Download it here: https://github.com/gregzaal/Matalogue

5 Likes

Great addon. Thank you very much for the new update for Blender 4.0 :heart_eyes:
That’s something that should go into the official branch :heart_eyes:

hey, just realized you are the person behind polyhaven, amazing work there aswell.

thank you for the addon, it made so much easier for me to teach my friends how to use blender!

1 Like

forgot to mention, but i integrated a version of your addon in something i am working for my workflow.

one thing that i did add, was the ability to pin the intended material and restore the previous selection after swapping to the material.

here is the code bits and a quick demo:

let me know if you are up to pull requests