I thought I’d do a plug for a couple of add-ons I’ve written on Blender Market (https://blendermarket.com/creators/mark-kingsnorth )
Quickly create unique hull plating patterns using existing mesh topology.
Available here with instructions: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/plating-generator-62bad6dc-7b93-48db-8363-0d6b22fbd873
- Quickly generate a plating pattern from a random seed. The pattern is an interlocking effect designed to be more advanced than the standard random face selection in Blender.
- The pattern can be generated on a whole quad based mesh or on a sub selection of quad faces.
- Control the amount of grooves cut between the plates.
- Control the depth of the grooves.
- Control the thickness of the grooves.
- Option to split the edges on a smooth mesh to ensure the edges are cleanly defined.
- Option to completely remove the grooves and leave the plates intact.
- No hidden geometry created, actions are performed directly on the mesh.
- Define the number of segments on the sides of the plates and within the grooves.
- An additional option of selecting the faces for the plates as well as the grooves.
- Add a bevel to the edges of the plates, and define the number of segments.
2. Dynamic Jet: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/configurable-dynamic-jet
Quickly create a configurable mesh in the form of a fighter jet or starfighter.
Available here with instructions: https://www.blendermarket.com/products/configurable-dynamic-jet
- Add the Dynamic Jet mesh from the standard Add menu.
- A range of configuration options allow you to quickly shape and concentrate on the overall design.
- Once done, you can then move on to edit the underlying basic mesh as the modifiers are left intact.
- Base mesh is based on quads which will help it to be quickly extended and used with other operators and addons.
- The range of configurable options include: optional engines and tail wings, wing span & angle, cockpit size.