[WIP]Bevel after Boolean

The funny thing I found was the comment by the author of the video, “Unfortunately the native Boolean as well as ProBoolean are too unstable to use in real production, so the next step is to code my own boolean functions in c++ using 3ds Max SDK.”

Seems like booleans are a problem everywhere!

I do wonder all those ‘Hard Mesh’ like approaches how do achieve those outset lines which constitute the areas to be beveled… is it a method like the ‘pipe’ in the ‘Bevel after Boolean’ (our add-on here) or is it something else?

This in Combination with the bevel shader is a dream! In some cases the Bevel shader fails nevertheless…

The process of rewriting is still in progress. I apologize for taking so long.
At the moment, there is a speed increase from 24 sec to 5.6 sec (in the test scene).

That sounds fantastic.
I’m really looking forward to it

Thats beefy Ilya!

Take your time, Ilya, if that means a better addon :slight_smile:

I Upload an intermediate result.
Only basic functionality works.
Carve should work (including Slice mode)
In the slice mode, the normals are fixed.
The increase in speed can vary. On average, 2 times.
Full functionality will be added later.
If you have ideas for improving the Add-on (New features, correction of translation or improvement of functionality and others), write.

Edit:
Wrong in the version number. This is a new file.
You need to uninstall the previous version.

Attachments

boolean_bevel_v_0_1_1.py.zip (5.39 KB)

Will test it tonigt Ilya. Thank you

It’s work perfectly bat we have problems in normals.
See a GIF below

Thank you. I understood the error.

Glad to hear the news! Thanks for all your so precious efforts Ilya! Keep the good work! : - )

Ты крут дружище, чертовски крут! ) Cool job man!

A small update.
Fixed normal.
Some tools are returned (not all)

Attachments

boolean_bevel_v_0_1_2.py.zip (6.72 KB)

The question is in the image. There is a problem with making thicker-wider filletings in such areas… when the cut radiius value is high the tool does not give acceptable results, you have to keep it in very low values. Any solution to the problem?

At the moment, I do not have a solution.

I do understand. This is the reason that is necessary to focus on another -other than that of pipes- method of making the filleting cuts. A method that has to do, most probably, with insets-outsets (a Hard Mesh like solution maybe).

Anyway, even with such limitations Bevel After Boolean is great! : - )

Is there some documentation on how to use this tool? It looks great but I cant figure out how to adjust the bevels.

The first page has a description of all the functions.
There is also video for specific functions.
Plus Fatesailor made a video:

Ilya any news on this?