Add-on won't install

I bought an add-on that I want to use with my Blender 2.93. However, only the link to 2.92 worked, so I downloaded my add-on and attempted to install it. Everything seems fine until it’s time to activate the add-on in the preferences menu. I end up getting this error. Can someone help me decypher what this means?

thanks!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 351, in enable
mod = import(module_name)
File “C:\Users\ohmyd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\hair_tool_init_.py”, line 121, in
from . import hair_tool_ui
File “C:\Users\ohmyd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\hair_tool\hair_tool_ui.py”, line 20, in
from .drawing_curves import HTOOL_PT_DrawingCurvesPanel
File “C:\Users\ohmyd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\hair_tool\drawing_curves.py”, line 32, in
from .hair_curve_helpers import HTOOL_OT_CurvesTiltAlign, HTOOL_OT_EmbedRoots
File “C:\Users\ohmyd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\hair_tool\hair_curve_helpers.py”, line 26, in
from .resample2d import parallel_transport_TNB
File “C:\Users\ohmyd\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\hair_tool\resample2d.py”, line 21, in
from functools import cache
ImportError: cannot import name ‘cache’ from ‘functools’ (C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\python\lib\functools.py)

Update your Blender to 2.93.

Your error, cannot import name 'cache' from 'functools' comes from trying to import the ‘cache’ function from the ‘functools’ module, but this function was added recently (python 3.9), while Blender 2.92 still uses python 3.7.7.

1 Like

I see, so bottom line, I can’t use the 2.92 version of the add-on with 2.93.

You’re using an addon that is supposed to work in Blender 2.93+, but you’re still using Blender 2.92!

1 Like

Oh you’re right! Thanks for that!