Adding a Character Into a Level?

Hey everyone, hopefully this will be quick. I’m working on a game that allows the user to select which of four characters they would like to play as. I’ve figured out how to make sure it adds the correct character, but now I need to actually add it. I had thought about using the scene.addObject command, but I need this character to be able to exist indefinitely in the scene, without a restriction on the number of frames that it will be present for. Does anyone know what the best way to do this would be?

Thanks in advance for any help :smiley:

If you don’t specify the life of the object, or use 0, it shall exist “Indefinately”

I had thought about using the scene.addObject command, but I need this character to be able to exist indefinitely in the scene, without a restriction on the number of frames that it will be present for.
By that do you mean the life of the object? and after so long it disappears? because you don’t need to give it a time. it would be something like

pSpawn = scene.objects['pSpawn']
Charater = scene.addObject('charater1',pSpawn)

looks like agoose77 answered your question :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh, it seems that I still have much to learn about Blender :smiley: (As if I didn’t know that already). Thank you both for responding. Now I can get back to work!