Adding labels to transparent objects in BGE

Hello All!
My first post, so please excuse me if this has been solved or I make things unnecessarily clear.

I would like to have a glass container with markings on its outer surface using the BGE. An example is:

http://www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/89776_large.jpg

I can get to the point of having either a transparent object OR an opaque object with the labels on the surface, but I am having trouble combining the two effects. Most important is to have the object itself transparent, while the label remains opaque.

Any tips and suggestions are most appreciated!

I can get to the point of having either a transparent object OR an opaque object with the labels on the surface

You set the material(material tab) transparency to 0? (i bet you did)
did you check(activate) the alpha on the texture(texture tab)? (i think you missed this one)

I/we got no idea what you have done in first place.

Many thanks for the reply!

Ahh, my mistake for not being more precise. The file I am playing with is attached (I hope).

I have tried many settings for the Transparency under the Materials, and to visualize the problem I have left it 0.25.

I am not sure about the Alpha activation in the Texture section though - perhaps there is something I must change there.

If you find I am making a tragic mistake, I would greatly appreciate a tip for the correction!

Attachments

erlenmeyer_4.blend (548 KB)

its exactly what i thought it was, you forgot to set alpha on the texture.

ok do this.
go to the alpha and set it on 0.
now hit texture tab(checkers icon) scoll down a bit and check alpha, thats it

edit
even better just open that file and scroll down hit the box at alpha

Perfect! You are a genius my friend.

Thank you for your time!