Adding Mist, and a few other things...

Ok, I have a few simple questions: First, I’m trying to make a model of a multiplayer map (just for fun) but since the level is latched onto the edge of a cliff face, it looks wierd, so I was wondering how to add mist.

Secondly, how do I make objects transperant? I found it once, but not only can I not remember how I did it, bit just make the object invisible. I want the object to be visible, but still transperant. How?

I am also in the process of making a human model, but I ran into a problem: how do I add hair?

Lastly, when I render some objects, some of the object simply vanished, like it passes beyond the draw point or something. Like, I have a hall leading to another room that is visible from the shot, but when rendering I don’t see the room beyond, I just see the sky.

so I was wondering how to add mist.

Turn on the mist button in the World buttons.

Secondly, how do I make objects transperant?

The alpha slider does this. (Under the Color Sliders, labeled A)
If you want it to look like glass, use the raytransp button in the MirrorTransp panel (this does not work in the game engine). In order to show objects behind the transparent correctly when there is no raytansp turned on, turn ztransp on in the Links and Pipeline panel.

how do I add hair

This one is tricky. Here is a place to start:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Static_Particles

Lastly, when I render some objects, some of the object simply vanished, like it passes beyond the draw point or something. Like, I have a hall leading to another room that is visible from the shot, but when rendering I don’t see the room beyond, I just see the sky.

Your seen is probably to big. To fix this, select the camera, go into the Edit buttons and in the Camera panel under Clipping: turn up the end value.

With mist, set the start distance to about the point where you want the mist to occur. If you render that you should see a hard transition where it all just suddenly goes to the world texture.

Then adjust the distance value to set the depth of the foggy area. Try it at a value of about 1/2 of the start distance and see the difference. Then adjust to whatever looks nice with your image.

Lynda