Adding One Vertice At A Time ?

Hi can anyone tell me how i can go about adding one vertice at a time, im trying to use the sketch book tutorial, i have a background image but im not sure how to place the first vertice,
i can extrude after that, i hope lol.

Thanks again

Jester :smiley:

Add a plane and and delete 3 of the verts – you can extrude or ctrl lmb to add more verts. There probably should be a mesh primitive that only contains a single vert.

GreyBeard

Thanks very much ill try that and see where i end up.

Also, as you seem to know, Ctrl-LMB will extrude a new vert from a currently selected vert. But if you don’t have any verts selected, Ctrl-LMB will create a new, unconnected vert where you click.

I never could quite figure out how Blender decided what depth to assign to the new vertex when it was created (i.e., how far beyond the surface of the computer monitor).

I never could quite figure out how Blender decided what depth to assign to the new vertex when it was created (i.e., how far beyond the surface of the computer monitor).

The new vert is at the same depth into the view as the 3d cursor if you aren’t extruding. If you extrude from an existing vert with either ctrl lmb or “e” it is the same depth into the view as from what you were extruding from.

GreyBeard

Thanks again im getting the hang of it, lol, takes some practice but i love the trial and error, like for example thereason i started this thread,
the way greybeard explained it to me made me feel like a chimp , lolol, it was so obvious.

Thanks again for all the replys

Yes, me too. I should have been able to figure that one out myself.

why doesnt blender just have an add vertex feature like the cube plane circle tube ect.

Y’know, chances are that after all that tedious effort of deleting the three “unwanted” verts, you’re just going to make three verts again to connect to that vertex anyway.

Ok people its pissing me off now.Sense version 2.41 on my computer i am still not able to use the command “Ctrl+LMB” with one vertex selected whats going on and my comp is new and all the keys on my keyboard work …I am on version 2.42 and same thing is there somthing else I have to do???:mad:

Does this mean with no vertex selected you can use <Ctrl>LMB to create a new vertex in the 3D view at you mouse pointer, or you are unable to create a new vertex at all?