Adding Python Scripts to "Script" blender interfac

Can anyone provide a quick tut or walkthrough about how you go about adding end-user scripts to the script interface? I’ve tried adding my scripts to the folder that blender uses for scripts and even putting in the beginning section about which section it should go into and stuff, and pressing update menu, but nothing seems to work.

I want to add stuff like beast, fiber, and other scripts so that I can select them from the dropdown script menu instead of searching for the .py all the time…

Thanks!

http://www.blender.org/modules/documentation/236PythonDoc/index.html

scroll down to the “regestering scripts” section

C:\Program Files\Blender>blender -d
Blender V 2.36
argv[0] = blender
argv[1] = -d
Warning: could not determine argv[0] path
Color depth r 8 g 8 b 8
Aux buffers: 4

User defined scripts dir: C:\Program Files\Blender\python:
No such file or directory.

Registering scripts in Blender menus …

Getting menu data for scripts from dir(s):
C:\Program Files\Blender.blender\scripts
C:\Program Files\Blender\python
Color depth r 8 g 8 b 8
Aux buffers: 4

That is what I get when running blender with “-d”.

It seems it can’t find blender’s own path?

All my scripts are in “blender\python” and yet it says that there is no such dir, even though I can select scripts from it in text editor inside blender?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve managed to get things registered by putting them in “blender/.blender/scripts”, but does anyone know why my “blender/python” isn’t working?

does that path exist??? check your user prefs paths… you might have entered something in as the script dir.

Yes that path exist and that is how its listed in info tab.

I didn’t even enter it by hand(though I’ve tried that) i entered it by picking the folder, so obviously blender can see it.

I’m working around it by copying a bunch of scripts over to the blender/.blender, but it would be much simplier if I could figure why blender isn’t recognizing the blender/python path.