AddObject Ghost Question

Hi, all. New to Blender & the forum, appreciate any help you guys can give.
I’m messing around trying to get the hang of the Blender interface and GameEngine, and I’ve hit on a small snag - I figured, now having got basic movement down in the GE, I’d try to expand my knowledge by making a little bomberman clone.
Now, I’ve got my bomb in the second layer, named “bomb” and the following script in a file linked from a keyboard sensor named “Space” and to an Edit Object actuator called “createBomb” from the player object:

cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.getOwner()
bombLaid = cont.getSensor("Space")
bombInstance = cont.getActuator("createBomb")
if bombLaid.isPositive:
 bombInstance.setObject("bomb")
 bombInstance.setTime(0)
 bombInstance.instantAddObject()

Now, I’ve used similar scripts for projectiles in the past, linking them to an empty at the point where I want them to appear. However, as I’m sure anyone who has played bomberman knows, the bomb should appear within the ‘block’ where the player is standing, so I am trying to bring the bomb object in as a ghost. As you might have guessed, this isn’t working - the player immediately flies backward from the newly created bomb.
Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?
Any help appreciated!
Thanks, JG

Looks like another addobject bug. I just reported one here: http://www.bulletphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=997&sid=1a60b860850343b9b93dda5a0ac5e7ca
Rigid body also can’t be disabled on added objects.

I’ve seen the exact same thing in my games. I don’t think that there is a way to make newly added objects ghosts. Even if you go to the object settings and activate “ghost” it will still not be a ghost whan it gets created. You could deactivate “actor” and just make it follow an ipo curve. That might help.

you can also disable collision on the faces…that works for me. it will make it a bit difficult to detect when the bomb hits someone though…

Thanks, guys. Helps a bit.

That shouldn’t be too much of a problem though, _Ls: once the bombs are in place, I’m not planning to use them to register collisions. I was planning on using a ray sensor to detect destructable blocks and enemies, as most bomberman games work on a 2-dimensional grid of corridors. I suppose it might be necessary if I wanted to have them be able to be kicked or picked up, but I’m trying to start slow.

Thanks again for the replies!

edit
Hmm… that didn’t seem to help, unfortunately. Just to double check that I’m doing things correctly - I selected my bomb object, switched to UV select mode and selected all the faces. I then turned off collisions in the edit buttons panel. I can now walk through the original mesh, but all instances of addObject generated bombs produce the same result as before.