[Addon] Advanced Sculpting Version 1.2

Thanks a lot! Well, Morpheas is a great tool for creating Blender add-ons (and maybe not just Blender in the future).
I’m also planning to do a lot more with the add-on, it’s hardly finished, I have a lot of exciting features to add in the future.

This looks like a great tool. Thanks for making it. Would you consider adding brushes made by the community? Or even a system to upload and share our brushes through addon… that would be amazeing.

I’ve thought about it. Maybe I’ll try to tackle it after I improve brush importing in the future. Anyway, it’s easy to add any brush you want to the add-on (just follow the tutorial).

I updated it the add-on to version 1.1. It allows for custom colors in the UI and fixed a couple of issues… Also changed the name, because some people thought that it was a brush set. Anyway, I hope you find it useful!

This thing looks dope! Can’t wait to try this. Looks like something that should be added to core tbh. The core sculpting UI is very frustrating!

Thanks! Well, the good thing about add-ons is that bugs can be fixed and suggestions can become reality much easier and faster, without the weight of the entire software on the developers’ shoulders…

you have set a bar

Thanks! Well, I think that it has quite a lot of room for improvement. But it is a start, and as it doesn’t interfere with Blender natively I can try a lot of different suggestions and who knows, maybe we haven’t even thought of the best possible UI yet…

Hello

I just buy your addon to manage my brushes, and I wish to know how I can do thumbmails for brushes I make?

It’s not part of the add-on really, but I can describe how I like to do it. First, subdivide the default cube 2 or 3 times and apply it. Add a multiresolution modifier and set it to have enough detail for your needs. Turn on Matcap and pick one you like. Set the camera to face the now spherical looking object and set the resolution to be a small square, for example 256x256. Sculpt on the object using the brush you want and when you have a good looking result click on Render >> OpenGL Render Image. That should give you a very nice looking icon. Just save it somewhere and then you can use it as an icon for your brush. I hope that helped…

I’ve updated the add-on with a much better brush categories system that is easier and faster to use. You now also have the ability to quickly import brush categories (along with the brushes, obviously) from other .blend files. No more manually appending brushes or putting them all in the startup file. Simply select the .blend files with the brush categories, add the categories you need with just one click and then they’ll stay in the project until removed…

Also, the tutorial has been update for the new version:

Hey, the addon is awesome! After reopening blender the thumbnails of the brushes that previously appended just disappear. What did I make wrong?

Sorry for the delay, I wasn’t notified by email… :frowning:
Do the brushes work correctly? You may have done something wrong with the directories and Blender can’t find them any more. Try to append normally. Do the thumbnails appear now?
If you can’t figure it out, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] to solve this issue…

Bought! Working in full 3d view window is so nice with this set! More… :wink: