Animation Nodes

Ray,

I had a look, it’s a difficult one as it looks like you’d need to specify each edge to get the result you wanted, way past my knowledge…

This is probably a stupid question, but how can I download & experiment with the 2.1 branch from github? Or is that for developers only? Also, thanks Jacques & all contributors for your work on this fantastic add-on.

I’ve been trying to make this technique work over the weekend but think I’ve got something fundamentally wrong in my understanding of how animation nodes works… It works exactly as I want live in the viewport on playback and even when I do an opengl render, but when I do a cycles render the lines seem to be all wrong, if anyone has a moment and can tell me where I might be going wrong it’d be ace,

cheers

Christian Krupa

Attachments

soundscape.zip (864 KB)

any way to set font text to use many font files from diskfile?

I know we can set font for TEXT in blender’s TEXT panl, then we select the font in AN’s “Font input”. But what if we try to change font for every frame by using 10 or more TTF files, in this case, it is better to set font by using fontfile name

thanks

So I’ve been hacking away at this juicy wee problem, Jaques let me know on stackexchange that my principle error was that I was using feedback loops which is a proper nono as it is not deterministic per frame…

I’ve tried a few ways now with no perfect solution in sight.

a. Alembic - export to this and reimport, works pretty well but introduces a layer of save and commitment to a 6k + sequence which is probably what I’ll have to do as nothing else I’ve tried will actually get the job in hand done…

b. Use an instanced single vertex particle system as an inter frame storage method - great! thought I’d got a solution with this (thanks Jimmy Gunawan, one of your myriad videos…) It works pretty well, you can add physics to the mix (a little bit of gravity flattens the landscape as you pass over it, lovely touch)… BUT, damn thing crashes on render with an exception on different frames each time, booo!

c. I just thought I’d got clever and it seemed to work one time in render but then I tried again and it was different - I made another object to act as a container for the vertices and made that the input to be added to the line but I guess it’s basically no different and I end up with odd results again…

d. I initially tried with lists, just now with instanced empties instead of particle systems but I keep running into the feedback loop thing, I need to

Make a line dance to the tune
Copy that line and move it
Repeat
Delete old lines (so that the system doesn’t slow down)
Turn the lines into something renderable

I’m pretty much getting there, loving the results I’m getting and the learning experience but definitely stuck on the feedback loop thing. I’ve attached the crashy particle version here if anyone wants to see it…

Attachments

soundscape002.zip (1.94 MB)

Not sure if this is the way you expected. Just preload fonts then define fake user for them, making sure they can be loaded after reopening.

not exactly, I mean to use fonts without preloading but something like glob.glob(‘c:/windows/fonts/sim*.ttf’) since I am too lazy to check which font is on my local harddisk and to load it in Blender

expression node:
bpy.types.BlendDataFonts(r'c:\Windows\Fonts\simhei.ttf')

bpy_struct._new__(type): type 'BlendDataFonts' is not a subtype of bpy_struct

hi all!!
how can i make those cubes rotate with different degree and speed

this is node
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2H1tGS2ukiS1FleTNnVzBrYzA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2H1tGS2ukidFpVclAwazZTYk0

this is file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-2H1tGS2ukianRmWWR1WWhYSFk

Hi,
I am trying to instance an object over a grid mesh. However, my goal is to instance it only over the points that are overlapped by a text object. So far I have managed to achieve that by running a loop over all the grid vertices and checking if the point is inside the volume of the text object. But I can’t seem to filter the vertices list with the switch condition in that loop. How do I only output the vertices inside the text object and ignore the other vertices?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Leon,

please can you fix Archimator for Blender 2.79.

Blender from Today (Win 64)
Archimator_v6.1
Animation_Nodes v2.0a Python 3.6 Windows (running smoothly)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\animation_nodes\execution\main_ex
ecution_unit.py”, line 38, in executeUnit
exec(self.executeCodeObject, self.executionData, self.executionData)
File “execution: ‘ACMT_X-COLLAPSE’”, line 19, in <module>
File “group: ‘Naming with Suffix’”, line 24, in main
AttributeError: ‘RNA_Types’ object has no attribute ‘an_TextListSocket’
Font Selector settings loaded

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\animation_nodes\execution\main_ex
ecution_unit.py”, line 38, in executeUnit
exec(self.executeCodeObject, self.executionData, self.executionData)
File “execution: ‘ACMT_SETTINGS’”, line 19, in <module>
File “group: ‘Archimator Settings’”, line 90, in main
AttributeError: ‘RNA_Types’ object has no attribute ‘an_GenericListSocket’

it would be cool to have a vertexgroup output. Something like dynamic paint, but live :slight_smile: Is something like this planned, or is it possible already?

Hello all,
I try to launch this example from Scripting interface Blender 2.79 with animation nodes 2.0 (Windows 10/64)
taken from this url : http://animation-nodes-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev_guide/node_development/part_1.html#

but got this error at line 2 :
SystemError: Parent module ‘’ not loaded, cannot perform relative import

import bpy
from … base_types import AnimationNode

class TemplateNode(bpy.types.Node, AnimationNode):
bl_idname = “an_TemplateNode”
bl_label = “Template”

<b>def</b> <b>create</b>(self):
    <b>pass</b>

<b>def</b> <b>execute</b>(self):
    <b>pass

Thank you for your help!

@taiwan, the solution here may work, FYI:
partially deprecated_1-v2.blend (573 KB)

Don’t know if you aware of this behavior or not but:

When we plug in “numbers” output to P/R/S of the object transform output with the “LIST” option turned on it is refusing to connect.
When “LIST” turned off it is connecting with creating value convertors properly.

@Rockbard I guess you mean the “Combine Euler” node only, which is not yet vectorized.

Hi!

It is posible to get the distance between 2 points from a curved spline? In matter of percentage of the total length. So if i have 5 points in a spline, wich is the percentage of the total length between points 2 and 3?. If I use vector distance i get the straight distance between them.
In Spline with al vertices as vectors is easy but when is curved i get lost.

Cheers,

Here is one solution:

Thanks Leon!

Ill try!

Cheers,

is there any downloadable print-friendly pdf/doc file with clear image, tight text wrap, feasible image size and ratio?

I have converted the rst files to doc files, but most small pictures are too large, all picture occupy whole lines, some big image are blurred, and there are >550 pages.

thanks

Try using the pdf download feature on the page here, by unfolding the bottom-left bar.