[addon] Auto Reload External Images

texturing

(tonton) #1

Hi BlenderHeads !

Here’s a little addon i wrote some times ago while working on a project with substance painter.
Basically it helps with Blender Image Texture reloading.

it means in blender, you currently have to reload image texture node manually when a change happened. For example, working in gimp with blender opened, you change the hue of your character s skin, save your texture, go in blender, reload it and then you can see the result, but when working on several textures (with pbr shading with substance…) it could be redundant and slow process, the addon helps with that !

It adds in your Info Header 2 buttons, the first one to reload all external images in one click, and the second, to start a modal timer which is going to check your images every n seconds (you can setup this in user prefs) for a change in the modification time.
If a change happened, image will be reload (and only if a change happens, otherwise, it could hurt performances)

Here’s a little demo video

And the GitHub
https://github.com/samytichadou/Auto_Reload_Images-Blender_addon

Hope this could be as useful for you as it is or me :wink:

Cheers !

(MESCH973) #2

very useful, thanks

(tonton) #3

thanks ! glad it helps :slight_smile:

(urkokul) #4

The usefull thing. Thanks

(Dodoma) #5

Hello tonton, is there any change you will updated this addon for 2.8? thank you.
now, it’s a must have for my lookdev process.:grin:

(tonton) #6

Hi omodo, yep i’m waiting for the official new python api to update all addons i wrote, i’ll post it here when it’s done !
And glad to see it’s useful for you :slight_smile:
cheers !