Here’s the new version beta demo video
Now compatible with 2.8x and 2.9x.
Check last post for more infos !
Hi blenderheads, in my recent python adventures through the wonderfull world of UIList (see Addons Editool and MList), i wrote a simple addon to hide selected Tool Shelf category in the 3D viewport !
In my case, i always have a lot of addons installed in blender, so this tool shelf is overcrowderd and it quickly becomes impossible to see category !
A lot of these categories aren’t useful depending on the work you’re doing (no Flare Wizards cat during modeling, for example, would be better ), but if you want to get rid of it, you have to disabled the addon or edit the startup ui file, no quick way…
Select the category you want, deselect the others, and click apply !
The addon register and unregistered the corresponding panels !
You also have a refresh button, just in case you install a new addon !
from the v1.2, you can search for a specific panel, not an entire tool shelf category, and make hide it !
Presets support this feature !
IMPORTANT : the 1.3 is not compatible with some precedent features due to a lot of improvements in the code. Please be sure to use this version to get forward compatibility with future ones. I rearranged some core features here ! sorry for the disagreement !
You can also add preset for panel configuration, saved in blend file.
This means you can create preset for particular project, or save startup file to make common ones !
You can also reorder thumbnails (categories) in the toolshelf from the v1.3
From v1.5, it’s possible to add startup preset, applied when the blender file is opened
Hope it could be usefull ! happy blending !
- Add export settings for preset (txt format) to easily share some toolshelf preset
- Bugfix for some addon (cutout animation seems to do that for example) which have some unregistered panels, so uncheck panels items at blender’s launch
DIRECT LINKS :
v1.1 - preset feature
v1.2 - specific panel feature and ability to pin hidden panel (stay hidden)
- lot of improvements in the UI, bug fix for operators and “same name panels”
- only categories are pin-able now, avoiding lot of non-sense, and giving them a priority on the panels.
- New Copy presets to scene operator
- reordering ability added, you can now move a cat to a specific place on the list, when applying, thumbnails will follow. Known issue : the ui list of categories doesn’t reflect it every time, quite a mess to re-organise based on registrations of the panels. No solution right now, but not a too big problem, according to me !
- update selected preset operator
- load preset without applying operator
- better display of the specific panel, depending on the category
- toggle hide/unhide context sensitive panels
- lot of bug fixes
- improvement in the category list behavior (no more switching order when applying or refreshing)
- N-Panels are now included, new section to hide them, and they’re integrated in the presets functions
- some bug fixes
- implementation of startup preset system (see video below)
User Manual :
http://Hi all blenderheads !I put together a little Manual to use the addon ! Here’s the link :
preset feature demo
v1.3 new features demo
v1.5 new features - startup preset demo