Addon creation for Flight Simulator (FSX and Prepar3D) game engine use

Hello,

I have an addon (called Blender2FSX/P3D Toolset) for Flight Simulator game engine use (FSX and Prepar3D) which will allow the developer to export models created from Blender to the game engine format. You may view the current addon here.

The toolset was created for the use of Blender 2.7+. It was created by few developers in the flight simulator community for FREE usage. Because of lack of time and personal commitments of the creators, the support has been dropped out. It has been used by the community for more than past 5 years for FREE. I have an interest in making the toolset (addon) alive back.

When i talked to one of the developer of the addon, he says it was created using python 2.7 script. I am not sure that version script will work with Blender 2.7+ or not.

So, I will explain in details about this project here:

1. What is the type of project?
    Addon creation for Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.8. Rewrite the whole script to latest python script [Python 3.7.4 (Python 3.8 in testing]

2. Are you a company or individual?
    I am an individual. This toolset will be used by flight simulator community for FREE!

3. What kind of designer are you looking for?
    Developer who has experience in C++ and Python scripts. If they have experience in MAXScript (to be able to read the original add-on createdby the game developer) will be an advantage.

4. What is the deadline?
    20-30 days

5. Description of the project.

a. Rewrite the script to latest python script.

• Python 3.7.4 (Python 3.8 in testing)

b. Update the toolset to work for both Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.8.

• This toolset should support both Eeve and Cycle render in Blender 2.8.

c. Add additional advance features:

• Feature 1: Earth curve correction.
      This feature will convert flat earth coordinates into geocentric coordinate. The model’s meshes will be recalculated according to the geocentric coordinate position. The formula and details of the earth terrain [according to the real world (consist of some megabytes of data)] for the conversion can be found from the free software called Model Converter X (MCX) by Arno.
      -Need knowledge of C++ to read the codes of the software.

• Feature 2: Create Empty Attach Point for Catapult/Arrestor Operations.
      The attach point feature already included in the toolset (addon). Just need to add the Empty attach points additionally into it . The details of the operations can be found here.
      -MAXScript knowledge might help here, to read the feature directly from 3DS Max addon.

• Feature 3: Material Template Editor
      This will allow the users to create Template for game materials and save the settings. So, next time when the user wanted to use similar settings, he/she just need to select the saved templates and the other settings will be selected automatically . This feature can be found from the free software called Model Converter X (MCX) by Arno.*
      -Need knowledge of C++ to read the codes of the software.

• Feature 4: PBR settings for Prepar3D v4.4 and above.
      The general settings already in the toolset (addon) previously. Just need to add Prepar3D v4.4 PBR settings additionally. The settings can be found from the free software called Model Converter X (MCX) by Arno.*

• Feature 5: Auto texture mapping.
      This will map the textures automatically into the appropriate nodes when dragging the Albedo, Metallic, Smoothness and Normal map into Blender. There is a free addon called PBR Texture Mapper by Jayanam.

• Feature 6: Showing actual error first and then the standard python script error.
      Example: When the SDK is not installed, it should give error something like this:

The Software Development Kit (SDK) for FSX or P3D v1/v2/v3/v4/v4.4 (Which is appropriate based on the chosen SDK option on blender) is not installed. Please download the latest SDK from here.

For older versions SDK, you may download it from here.

After the above error is shown, then only it should show the standard Blender error where it will let us know on which line of the code does the error occurred. This mainly can be found on Blender 2.79b. I am not sure it is still the same in Blender 2.8.

6. What is the budget?
    USD50-80.
    I can’t ask money from the community. The reason I am putting my own money is just because as a novice developer I feel the community started using Blender more because it is FREE and many advance features which can be found on payware software are being implemented in it. They are enjoying this toolset (addon) for being free. It will be not fair for me to ask money from the community. Let my small investment here be a driving force for young and novice developer (like me) involve in the flight simulator development. Just a small social thought!

I hope anyone (with consideration of my budget) can help me doing this. Appreciate your time reading this!

Thank you.