[Addon] Easy Align

I’ve corrected the cursor issue and added a proper name to the Panel. Works in the latest 2.8 version now.

Easy_Align_Addon_ver_1_0_3.py (21.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you AndreasResch for fixing the problem, I noticed this issue in the Blender 2.8 version that was released couple of weeks ago (or so), the thing is, apparently Blender 2.8 API is not finalized yet, it’s being changed constantly, and this is part of the reason there’s really no proper documentation yet, so I decided to stop downloading new releases of Blender 2.8, until there’s a final API.

1 Like

I understand. But at least it works for now, which is good. Thanks for the great tool.

1 Like

Yes it does, thank you, I’ll just make a small amendment to the file you uploaded (make it appear in the main panel rather than creating it’s own tab) , and commit it to github link.

1 Like

Thanks for the update for Blender 2.8:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

It would great if support for non-mesh objects could be added (like Empty or Curve objects).

Yes that would be great, however it’s a different beast, as you noticed, I’m making calculations based on vertices coordinates, for curves or empty it’s totally different, but I’ll definitely give it a shot once the API is finalized.

2 Likes

There’s an addon called BMax Tools (unfortunately only works in 2.79) which has a great align feature. You might get some ideas from there. It basically uses geometry when possible and if not (like with empties) is just uses the origin. Works great.

I’ll look for it and give it a try, thanks!

1 Like

Hi, is there a Way to align a Collection Instance (Group Instance)?

1 Like

Easy Align only works with mesh objects.

1 Like