Easyref

Easyref works with Blender 2.79B

Easyref allows you to add references in your 3dview with cameras.

You can add as many cameras as you want and in each camera as many references you want :wink:

You can add Texts and Grease Pencil per camera to add annotations.

Easyref is really to use and really useful to place a 3/4 reference in the 3Dview!

WORKFLOW

Click on the button Add Reference and select one or several images.

Accept and now move, rotate, scale your image by selecting them

You can flip horizontally and vertically and even change the opacity.

Valid with space and it’s done, really simple :wink:

you can add some annotations by pressing on the Annotation button, add layers, texts and color.

Valid and continue to work.

TUTORIAL

ARTSTATION

MY PATREON

SUPPORT

6 Likes

Nice work Cédric, this addon is really a must have to speed the workflow. I can’t imagine how many hours this would have saved me. Keep work in those best addons!
Any chance giving a discount on for whose already have another addons of yours?

Cheers

Thanks for another great addon! Does that work in the orthographic camera mode?

I sent a message with a coupon for Speedflow and speedsculpt customers, Need to see with pistiwique for AM customers tonight.

For Ortho view, it’s sadly not well supported by Blender, you can use my add empty in my RMB pie menu for that.

1 Like

Hi Pitiwazou! Just purchased your addon! It seems very useful! Thank you for coupon!:wink:
Hope Ortho view will be supported in future, that will be awesome.
Waiting for new features))
Best wishes.

Hi,

Yes that should be possible, have to see how to do that to make it simple.

If the opacity of the reference image has been reduced so I can see my model behind it can I select edges, verts and faces through the reference image or does that select the reference?

Updated. Never mind I rewatched the video and saw that you can.

Nice, i received now. I think my mail provider just took a while to deliver. Nice add-ons, when i start saving for AM you just release a new cool add-on LOL.

Nice work. Are you working in 2.8 port already? Or will just wait the final release. Heard that in October will be out the first 2.8 RC.

Cheers

We need to wait until 19 september for the new Python API.
But yes we will update our addons :wink:

2 Likes

Very useful tool, and very well done.

My only suggestion would be to swap these two lines in the UI :

Add/Edit Annotation [x]
Edit Reference [+] [x]

I personally find myself constantly clicking the first one by mistake (Add/Edit Annotation) assuming that it would bring up the Edit Reference mode.

Other than that, nothing to add - it’s working great.

Same for me, I will revert it :wink:

Made some streams and the addon was really useful.

1 Like

My Gawd, I’ve just started using this add-on and it’s awesome. Ten minutes in and you wonder how you ever worked without it, flipping back and forth between image viewer and the modeling app is a thing of the past.

1 Like

Cedric, you should know that Easyref helped get me my first top row, thanks again for your work.

1 Like

Well done and felicitations :wink:

Why is it that when I add my reference image, this is what I get of the

firehydrant? Thanks

Like I told you several time,

USE THE DISCORD FOR SUPPORT!!!

Please don’t require this. Discord is not a good fit for supporting software. On top of it just being an awkward thing for slow discussions like support queries, having to dig up a link, install a client, join the Discord server, wait however long for an acceptable answer and then leave it again is not a very good support experience.

It’s better to help because it’s a direct discution and we can share screen to see the issue.
I did it several times and it was a big help.
On this case he sent me a lot of mp, I prefer the discord, it’s centralised and other users can help like they already did.
Forum is also good to see other issues indeed, this time I asked him to come on the discord since he asked a lot of questions.

pitiwazou I am unable to get logged into discord with my email. Do you have a solution? If I could get in I would use it. I tried to send you a private message on discord and it was blocked. Thanks

I was able to send you a mp since you posted on the wrong discord ^^

The good one

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/ctQAdbY