[Addon] EWOCprojects presents FloodSel.

The saga continues :yes:

New fruit FloodSel for flood-(de)selecting of entire mesh areas…

Download on EWOCprojects.

Website crashes? Go to this page.

current version: 1.0.0

hehehhe your’e a coding machine bro let see what this do

so this selects hovered objects without clicking?

nice! hoped this was a standard feature in C code

the code robot ewoc goes crazy:)!
i think i need to feed him ->donate soon;)

thx a lot for all your great work!!!

Uuuuuh, awesome! I was going to ask for this!

Works slow and erratic on bigger meshes :frowning: The selection appears for a second and vanishes. Also errors.

I think it’s more like flood in a paint program - so it selects up to other selected things. So if you make a loop of selected polys and then use this inside the loop it will select the inner part. If you make the loop and use this outside the loop it will select the outer loop. I’ve not had a chance to play with it yet, just my impressions.

If this works, meybe selection prehighliting would be possible with an addon? : >

Works slow and erratic on bigger meshes :frowning: The selection appears for a second and vanishes. Also errors.

Vanishing and errors go together. FIXED! New version online.
Only thing thats quite slow now is transforming your view, it need to recalculate all face positions…
If still slow when not transforming view (works fine for me) just turn off preselection!

Got this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.63\scripts\addons\mesh_floodsel.py”, line 182, in modal
elem.select = 1
ReferenceError: BMesh data of type BMFace has been removed

Also a bit specific, but happened to me: When you have a separate window with 3d view set to camera view, the script does not work.

Got this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Ja\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.63\scripts\addons\mesh_floods el.py”, line 182, in modal
elem.select = 1
ReferenceError: BMesh data of type BMFace has been removed

Pity but this means you got another error first and then this one when trying to use FloodSel again.
Let me know if problems remain.

Ok. Did you manage to replicate the second-window-with-camera-view bug?

Its more of a feature that isnt there, addon only calculates coordinates for one 3d view. Ill correct later.

Seems there is NO WAY of making Python work with multiple 3D views!!!
Workaround: start FloodSel with the button in the MeshTools panel of your camera view: it will now work (only) in that view.

Re-opened at OP’s request

version 1.0.0

Total rewrite.

Now much faster.

it’s giving me errors:

File "C:\Users\CoDEmanX\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.68\script
s\addons\mesh_floodsel.py", line 199, in modal
    mvec = bpy_extras.view3d_utils.region_2d_to_vector_3d(self.region, rv3d, mpo
int)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'view3d_utils'

File "C:\Users\CoDEmanX\Desktop\Blender\blender-2.69-testbuild1-windows64\2.68
\scripts\addons_contrib\ewoc_projects_tools\mesh_floodsel.py", line 239, in moda
l
    if e.select == state:
NameError: global name 'state' is not defined

Another time it worked, but crashed on undo. 2.69 testbuild 1