[Addon] EWOCprojects presents Quadder

EWOCprojects brings you a new script created overnight.
It is inspired by the Modo SmartQuad script by Seneca, but uses completely different code and gives slightly different results.

Select some adjoining vertices or edges on the border of you mesh, with at least one “border corner” (a corner of the border consisting of three selected verts / two selected edges). Invoking the addon will fill the border-hole with quads.

Video soon.
Remarks and bugs go here or [email protected]

Problems with website? Go here.

current version: 0.4.0

This one is a keeper :D.Thanks dude !

Ok, it’s already very useful. Would be nice if the following scenario could also work - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8V1o1Fl0ub1clVnekwtT0YtdmM

Hi PLyczkowski problem: your link doesnt work…

Here you go.

OK small oversight, didnt test this… Whatever the fix is downloadable from the same link as before at the first post.

Also, do note that because of strange behaviour of the Blender Smooth Vertex function on border vertices, these border vertices are not smoothed in any way so often have a much more jagged appearance.

Have fun!

What I ment is would it be possible for the srcipt to also create quads from only 2 edges? For instance - create a plane, delete one vertex, select 2 eges that are left, run script, quad is created.

Bump?..

What I ment is would it be possible for the srcipt to also create quads from only 2 edges? For instance - create a plane, delete one vertex, select 2 eges that are left, run script, quad is created.

Managed to squeeze this in between other tasks: this scenario now works.

It works, but not when other geometry is connected to these edges. Example below. The edges I’m trying to run the script on are selected.

It works, but not when other geometry is connected to these edges. Example below. The edges I’m trying to run the script on are selected.

Script adapted for this problem.

Can you make a video? I would like to see if this is similar than my grid cap add-on. Or maybe some image sequences to explain the results. Thank you!

Its similar but not the same, look at this (its from Modo script SmartQuad by Seneca).

Works better, but still not all scenarios, example below.

Nice! It could be a good idea to join the scripts. I’m curious about how your script “understand” the selection. I’ll give it a look.
But if you want, you can implement my script into your, because I’m not sure to have the time to convert mne for the b-mesh.

Case catered for.

Keep them flowing in!

Nice! It could be a good idea to join the scripts. I’m curious about how your script “understand” the selection. I’ll give it a look.
But if you want, you can implement my script into your, because I’m not sure to have the time to convert mne for the b-mesh.

My script wont be easy to understand - no comments…
Maybe merging, when there is time.

Gave it a spin, and… it works like a charm! Thank you so much for this one.

Just tried that script. Would it be possible to get it work on our greasepencil faces to get it filled with quads ? At the moment, the ngon created can’t get any displacement map or subdivision because it all triangulates badly. Blender’s tris to quad doesn’t work nice.

Just tried that script. Would it be possible to get it work on our greasepencil faces to get it filled with quads ? At the moment, the ngon created can’t get any displacement map or subdivision because it all triangulates badly. Blender’s tris to quad doesn’t work nice.

I believe there is really no way at all of doing this. But really, why do you want greaseparticles to work with subdivision / displacement. If you need these operations, isnt it easier to just create and deform a plane mesh?